About Guerilla magazine
Back in 2004, we felt that Ottawa sorely needed a cultural publication to take a long, hard look at what's happening in local creative circles.
Now we feel that Canada needs that same kind of cultural inventory.
Here are the key points:
1. Content is our cause. Guerilla looks through a wide-angle lens to create material that is substantial, intelligent, diverse, approachable, curious, experimental, and presented from multiple viewpoints. Guerilla publishes feature stories, essays, images, and a variety of contributions from artists, arts writers, and cultural observers.
2. All artistic and creative forms are fair game, including those now emerging.
3. Guerilla will approach subject matter "at ground level" (i.e., with no agenda other than to examine what's out there), placing equal significance on high art and raw expression, on the celebrated and the unknown, on the historic and the avant-garde.
4. Guerilla exists to get people talking within and across cultural circles in a new kind of public dialogue.
5. Guerilla publishes paid advertising but will never be advertising-driven.
6. Published quarterly, Guerilla is independently owned and managed.
Who creates Guerilla?